When working at home there are a number of things that can destruct you, that’s why you need to find a way to stay focused. For sure, a messy home office doesn’t help you to achieve it. Here are a few tips on how to get your home office space organised.
1. Start with throwing all useless items away. Make sure that you go through your desk, drawers and cabinets. It may be hard to throw some items away, but you haven’t used them for the last year, face the truth, you won’t use them again ever so get rid of them.
2. Minimise the use of papers. Try to convert as many of your hardcopy papers as possible into electronic version. Thus way you’ll not only keep your home office more organised, but you’ll also save a lot of trees.
3. To organise your home office, you should decide which items you need on your desktop and to place the rest should on shelves or in drawers.
4. Once you’ve organised your hardcopy files, you should sit in front of your computer and do some cleaning with your computer files as well.
5. When organising your home office make sure that you remove all items that distract you such as magazines, games etc. It’s a good idea to add a few pictures to your work space as they can inspire you.
The easiest way to keep your home office organised all the time is to clean and organise as you go. Of course this is the advice of all cleaners London, but as we know, it sounds much easier than it really is, but the tips above will help you deal with the mess in your home office.