New year – new luck. I truly believe in this saying and this is why at the beginning of every new year I make certain resolutions or wishes. This year I decided to make my ritual a little bit more interesting – I will create a special wish box. I think that this is a really cool idea, therefore I want to share it with you – our lovely readers.
Make your Own Wish Box
- Find a suitable box, depending on the amount of the wishes you want to put in it. You can choose a colour or size, which you like the most. The box can be made of plastic, wood, paper, metal or glass – whatever material you prefer. Another alternative is to use an empty, clean jar.
- Write down every goal that you want to accomplish in the next 12 months on a piece of paper. Include every dream, which you would like to become true during 2013. Make a list of all the places you want to visit. There are no limits for the resolutions, they can be anything from finding a new job to cleaning the flat regularly.
- You can also include the wishes of other family members and make this a big family DIY project.
- Once you put all the wishes inside the box, seal it well, because you are not going to open it until the 31st of December 2013. Then you will be able to see which goals you have completed and which wishes have come true.
- When you seal the box, you can either hide it in a secret place or you can decorate it (with ribbons, crayons, photos, decoupage, etc.) and use it as a part of your home décor.
Idea for Travellers
If you are a traveller by heart and you love visiting new places every year, then I have a great suggestion for you. On a big map (it’s up to you to decide whether it’s a map of a continent or the whole world) mark all the places, cities, countries that you want to visit during the new 2013. For this idea you can use pins or stickers.
My New Year’s Resolutions
- Successfully graduate university.
- Travel to another continent (Egypt is what I have in mind for now).
- Reunite with a Canadian friend whom I haven’t seen for 2 years.
- Learn how to cook.
- Find time for more DIY home projects.
The other resolutions and wishes I will keep in secret but I promise to share the ones that have come true by the end of the year.
Happy New Year!