Although the upholstery adds to the beauty of the furniture, cleaning is often a hard and unpleasant task. You need to be sure that you have taken into consideration the fabric it is made and the of various upholstery cleaning methods. There are some useful tips you can follow to properly clean your furniture.
You need to clean the spills and stains as soon as you notice them, you should not let the upholstery to absorb the liquid.
When something is spilled on your furniture blot it immediately. Do not rub it in, otherwise you will spread it around.
For all types of dray stains use fingernail or the edge of credit card. After that vacuum the spot and use any kind of cleaning solutions or water, if needed.
- You should always test the cleaning solutions, apply it on a small area of the furniture. Wait five minutes and rub it with a old towel. If the colour of the material shows on the towel you need to try other product.
- You should use white or light cloth when cleaning stains from upholstery, you never know when something is going to run colour.
- After using a cleaning solutions you should rinse the area, remember that the solutions can attract more dirt.
- Stronger products are not always better for upholstery cleaning, you will just wear out your upholstery faster.
- Do not use sponge when you clean pet hair from the furniture.
If you need to remove chewing gum from your couch use an ice cube and rub the spot until it hardens. Then just scrape off the hardened gum with your finger.