It’s autumn and the weather is rainy, cloudy and cold, but still there are a few days when sun breaks through the clouds and you can put your canvas ballet shoes on again. Ballet flats are so sweet, elegant and stylish at the same time that I would like to live in a country when it’s always dry and sunny so that I would be able to wear my ballet flats. As we all know, daily usage requires regular cleaning.
To keep your ballet flats fantastic clean, you need to take care of them daily. Using a soft cloth, wipe away any dirty marks with warm water and liquid dish soap. Then let them air dry. If this doesn’t help you to make your ballet flats fantastic clean, then you need to wash them. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Get an old toothbrush to scrub the dirt on the soles. Make sure that the muddy water doesn’t reach the canvas. Rinse well the soles.
- Make a cleaning mixture of mild soap and warm water. If your canvas ballet flats are colourful, you’d better use a non-bleaching liquid soap.
- Soak one of your canvas ballet flats for a few minutes. Then get the toothbrush again and scrub any dirty spots. Be very careful when cleaning your canvas ballet flats, because if you scrub too hard, you may damage them. Once you’ve cleaned one of ballet flats, repeat the same procedure with the other one.
- If you want to get rid of any odour coming from your flats, make a mixture of baking soda and water, and pour it inside your canvas ballet flats. Rinse off with cold water.
- Let your canvas ballet flats air dry completely.
It may take them more than one day to dry so you can wear another pair of your canvas ballet flats that you’ve ignored.