Vinegar is a natural product that has deodorizing and cleaning abilities. Some stubborn carpet stains, such as cola, coffee and pet mess, can be successfully removed with vinegar. However, to get the most from the vinegar, you need to use it properly and here is how:
- Fill an empty spray bottle with two parts cold water and one part white vinegar. Close and shake the bottle to mix the ingredient thoroughly.
- Prepare a square stack of several folded paper towels, three to five is ideal, then blot the excess stain-causing liquid from the carpet.
- Test your carpet for colour fastness. Spray a little bit of your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area of the carpet and blot dry to make sure the vinegar doesn’t cause discolouration.
- Spray the stain generously with your cleaning solution and leave the carpet to absorb the solution for a few seconds.
- Fold five to eight clean paper towels into a stack, as suggested by carpet cleaning experts, and blot the affected area again to lift the vinegar solution and the stain from the your carpet.
- For stubborn stains, dampen the stack of paper towels lightly with your solution to ease the stain removal. Keep applying vinegar solution on the carpet and blotting the problematic area until no more stain left.
- Let the carpet dry and the smell of vinegar will be gone by then.
Use the vinegar solution into your carpet cleaning to wash the entire rug instead of using commercial cleaner. If you are not capable to clean the entire carpet or remove a stain on your own, consider calling carpet cleaning specialist in Holborn to take care of your carpet.