Silver is a very beautiful metal. A lot of jewellery are made from it, as well as a lot of tableware and decorations. It really looks nice but only when it is clean and polished. Otherwise, it is dull and ugly. So if you have any silver belongings, make sure you keep them clean and shiny. Here are several tips to help you:
- Start with using water and soap and try to remove any dust or oils that have build up on your silver. This will help you with your further steps.
- Next line a pan with some aluminium foil and pour in some water. Make sure the water is enough to cover the silver. You can use a small pan if you are going to clean jewellery, but if you are going to clean big pieces of silver you should use a big one recommend cleaners in Covent Garden.
- Put some baking soda into the pan. 3-4 tablespoons will be enough for cleaning jewellery but for bigger pieces you may need a cup or two. After that put the heater under the pan on and boil the water.
- When the water begins to boil, remove the pan from the heater. Put the silver in. be sure that the silver has direct contact with the foil. The process will take several minutes. You should start seeing tiny yellow pieces in the water or you should see the foil become black. Cleaners from Covent garden explain that this is normal because sulphur is more attracted to aluminium than to silver. That is why it is starting to separate from the silver, thanks to the baking soda.
- When finished, rinse the silver with cold water and dry with a soft cloth. If your silver still has any dirt on it, repeat the process again. You will be amazed how it really works. Your silver gets clean and shiny.