Apple candle holders are a great way to give your home a nice scent. They are both unique and romantic plus very easy to make. You can create these apple candle holders by yourself for just several minutes and then enjoy them with days.
What You Need
- 3-4 apples
- 3-4 tea candles
- a spoon
- a sharp knife
- a pencil
How to Make the Apple Candle Holder
- Wash the apples with cool water and then dry them with a paper towel.
- With the pencil draw a circle, corresponding to the size of the candles, on top of the apples.
- Cut out the drawn circle with a sharp knife and carve the excess apple filling. Don’t throw it away, because you can use it later for creating a delicious apple pie for example.
- Have in mind that you shouldn’t carve too deep, because it will be hard to see the flame of the candle afterwards.
- Put a tea candle inside the apple and you are ready. Hint: for even more lovely scent you can sprinkle the apple with a dash of cinnamon before putting the candle inside it.
If you have followed these instructions, you will end up with beautiful, inexpensive, aromatic candle holder, which you can place in any part of your home. Put them on the table when you are welcoming guests and they will be pleasantly surprised. You can also use these DIY candle holders as decoration for special occasions like holidays, birthdays, anniversaries and so on.
The only disadvantage of this creative DIY idea is that it won’t last long due to the natural products you will use, but still it is worth it.