Do you know what you have to do when your tenancy period is over? Do you know that to collect your stuff and to leave is not enough?
When your rental contract expires and you will no longer live in the same property, you have to make it look like it was when you hired it. You have to clean the place thoroughly and fix everything damaged. Otherwise, your landlord will keep your rental deposit, so to cover the restoration expenses. Not to mention, that he will remember you as the worst tenant he’s ever had.
You probably ask yourself “What exactly do I have to do?”. Well, I will help you. Here are some tips, which I learned from a professional cleaner:
- The first thing you need to do is to remove the cobwebs. If you have mould anywhere in the lodging spray it with pure white vinegar, so to remove it.
- Dust the wooden furniture.
- Vacuum the carpets, sweep the wooden and tile floors, and wipe them with a damp mop. If there are any stains on the carpets or sofa, try to remove them, because they are considered a serious damage.
- Clean the entire kitchen and all appliances in it.
- Clean the bathroom and toilet. Wash the shower-curtain, too.
- Aerate the place well and deodorise it, if there are any bad odours. You can use lemons cut in halves or baking soda for this purpose.
If you don’t have the time to do all these chores, do not worry, because you can use the services of some move out cleaning London company. Professional cleaners know how to make a place look like new again.