There is nothing more unpleasant than opening the door of a refrigerator and smelling odour coming from inside. The refrigerator is the place where we store a great amount of our food and it’s disgusting to let food perish. Here are ten tips how to deal with the mess inside your refrigerator the safe way.
1. Take all food out of the refrigerator and check the use-by dates. Make sure your trash everything that can’t be eaten anymore.
2. Before starting the deep cleaning, remove all removable shelves, racks, baskets and containers and place them in the sink. Use an eco-friendly dishwashing soap to wash them.
3. It’s time to give in dealing with the dirt and odour inside the refrigerator. Remove all large debris and then dab a damp sponge into some baking soda and wipe down the refrigerator. Never use any abrasive cleaners, because they can damage the surface of the refrigerator.
4. Clean the drip tray drain hole. It’s important no food to touch the cooling plate on the back of the refrigerator, otherwise food frosts on the plate and when the compressor switches off, the plate warms up, melts the ice and water drips off into the drip tray drain hole causing ablockage.
5. Rinse the inside of the refrigerator with cold water. Make a mixture of equal parts of white vinegar and cold water in a spray bottle to remove the baking soda.
6. Once you’ve finished the deep cleaning of the interior of the refrigerator, go on cleaning the outside. Again use baking soda on a sponge to wipe the surfaces. Rinse with 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and cold water. Dry with a clean cloth.
7. Make sure that all removable parts of the refrigerator are dry and then put them back on their origin places.
8. Wipe all jars and bottle before placing them in the refrigerator.
9. To prevent any odours, place a small container with baking soda inside the refrigerator.
10. You might need to turn the refrigerator up for about an hour, to get it fast back up to temperature.
This is all you need to do to deeply clean your refrigerator.
Wish you luck!